Thursday, October 23, 2014

Summer glimpses

As some of you may or may not know, I spent my summer at an intensive missions program called Harvest School in Mozambique.  I studies along 350 students from all over the world and 250 more Mozambican students who were in another school with the same ministry taught in Portuguese. Our school represented 41 different nations and it was so incredible to study alongside people with all kinds of different stories and backgrounds. 

I have been home eight weeks now and have been thinking back to this summer.  It feels like a dream.  In the midst of my three months in Mozambique, time felt like it was at a standstill.  Upon my return home though, it felt like time went by in the blink of an eye.  Almost dreamlike.

Over the next few months I will share more of my time in Mozambique with you.  As I unpack it in my brain (we learned so much I have been told from former students it will take 2 years to process), I will share it with you.  For now enjoy these snapshots a friend of mine captured that highlights our daily life.


   

photos by Fatima Boatwright

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Theme created by PIXELZINE